Welcome to my blog! You can start by getting to know a bit more About me or for a more detailed explanation of how I was diagnosed, have a read of my posts The Journey to Cushing's Syndrome and Part II the saga continues. Bienvenue sur mon blog! Vous pouvez commencez par decouvrir Mon Histoire avec Cushing's

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Cushing's Awareness Challenge

Great news 

my dear readers, you're in for a bloggin' treat! I have decided to sign up for the Cushing's Awareness Challenge which challenges Cushie bloggers all over the world to blog 30 posts for 30 days in April.
Some of you may be wondering what the point of this challenge is so let me briefly explain...

April 8th is Cushing's Awareness Day. This date was chosen because it is the birthday of Dr Harvey William Cushing, the pioneer neurosurgeon who first described the disease.
The challenge entails blogging 30 posts related to Cushing's during the entire month of April e.g. what you would tell trainee doctors if you could, what Cushing's has taken from you, how you've grown/developed since suffering from Cushing's, etc...

I will therefore save some of my updates and the final "chapters" of my London trip for the challenge as 30 posts is a lot!!

But I think this is a great opportunity for me, not just to force myself to write more frequently on my blog, but to try and raise awareness. A few of us are taking part and we're hoping that all this Cushie activity in the blogosphere will stir some interest. So please show your support by reading and sharing as much as possible.

Also, feel free to suggest some post topics!!? I am not one to run out of things to say but I am happy to get some ideas/inspiration! You can post them in the comments section just below.

*Edit* I just realised how tough this is going to be because I looked through my post history and it appears I've written 34 in total since I started this blog over a year ago!! Oh my, what have I gotten myself into?

3 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    1997 Land Rover Discovery AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be a little hard! I made this blog for the sole purpose of doing this "challenge". I've written a lot of notes on facebook about it, but a post everyday is a bit extreme and I'm a part-time student!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha Sis, you do like a good challenge :-)
    Well, why don't you write about what Cushing has given you?? COuld be an interesting and positive exercise!!
    Anyway, I will be here every day to make sure the post has been posted :-)
    Good thing there is wifi in Kuching!!

    ReplyDelete