Welcome to my blog! You can start by getting to know a bit more About me or for a more detailed explanation of how I was diagnosed, have a read of my posts The Journey to Cushing's Syndrome and Part II the saga continues. Bienvenue sur mon blog! Vous pouvez commencez par decouvrir Mon Histoire avec Cushing's

Sunday 5 September 2010

It's the taking part that counts!

We've done it! And I do mean WE, because even though I was the one walking today, it was all your encouragement and support that motivated me through it! This year was tougher than last year as Cushing's takes its toll on me, but I still managed to complete the whole 5K in just over an hour. Not a record breaking time but nevertheless, it's the taking part that counts.


I think the Pituitary Foundation will be very grateful for your donations as we raised an amazing £1420!!!! For those of you who are reading and haven't donated yet, you still can as the page will remain open for some time. I wanted to do this because it is also about raising awareness and not just for the one off event. Charities like the Pituitary Foundation can only provide help and support thanks to donations and individuals who are willing to volunteer.

So give yourselves a big pat on the back  knowing that you contributed to a very worthy cause, and I will be indulging in a nice warm bubble bath and resting my aching feet!

Ca y est, la course est fini!! Cette annee fus plus dure que la precendente car les effets de Cushing's devienne de plus en plus serieux mais je suis content d'avoir completee les 5km en une peu plus d'une heure. Pas tout a fait un temp record mais c'est la participation qui compte je pense!



C'est grace a tout vos mots d'encouragement que j'ai pu finir le parcourt et je pense que la Pituitary Foundation va bien apprecier notre totale de £1420!!!! Pour ceux d'etre vous qui lisent ce post mais n'ont pas encore donne, vous avez toujours le temps car la page web restera ouverte pendent un certain temps.

Donc soyez fier de vous meme, je sais que moi je le suis! Ce soir c'est bain chaud et une bonne nuit de sommeil!

Thank you again!
Merci encore!

No comments:

Post a Comment