Welcome to my blog! You can start by getting to know a bit more About me or for a more detailed explanation of how I was diagnosed, have a read of my posts The Journey to Cushing's Syndrome and Part II the saga continues. Bienvenue sur mon blog! Vous pouvez commencez par decouvrir Mon Histoire avec Cushing's

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Taking it's Cushie toll

Tonight's post will be short because I had a fairly crummy day and mainly because I have a terrible headache!

The day started off as usual: up at 9, breakfast, shower and then checking my emails and watching the news on TV. I decided to go have lunch at Yo!Sushi and do my food shopping at the same time. Up to this point, apart form the usual backache everything was fine. But then it started: the hot flushes! I started sweating just by walking around the supermarket. It's such an annoying and embarrassing feeling. You start feeling dizzy and hot and your hair starts getting damp from all the sweat. You know everyone is looking at you, wondering if it's raining outside or what the hell is wrong with you! I had intended on walking around to pick up some other bits and bobs but I just couldn't handle it. Even though my skin wasn't that warm to the touch and it was definitely not hot outside, I just felt like I was burning up inside and most of all I was starting to get a headache. Just another day with Cushing's I guess....

I really hope that the surgery will help with all of this. It might not sound that bad to you but trust me, it's not as easy as it seems. I ended up cutting my outing short and simply coming home so that I could sit in front of my fan and cool off. Unfortunately things didn't improve and I spent the rest of the day on the sofa, feeling very fatigued and with a tension headache.

It is now just a bit after 8, I've taken some painkillers and will be heading off to bed! I'm sorry that this post has been so downbeat and short but that's life sometimes. You have some good days and some bad. Today was unfortunately not great but I have high hopes for tomorrow. I have an appointment to check my blood pressure which hopefully has gone down now that they've upped my medication, and then I'm meeting a family friend for lunch. I'm looking forward to it as she is a lady that has been very supportive. She really understands how I feel and has shown me a lot of empathy and kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment