Welcome to my blog! You can start by getting to know a bit more About me or for a more detailed explanation of how I was diagnosed, have a read of my posts The Journey to Cushing's Syndrome and Part II the saga continues. Bienvenue sur mon blog! Vous pouvez commencez par decouvrir Mon Histoire avec Cushing's

Monday 23 April 2012

Day 23: Drugs are bad mmkay


Drugs are bad mmkay


So here are the meds I've tried, have been on or currently am still on to "fix" my Cushing's and symptoms associated with it.


  • Typical over the counter stuff for headaches e.g. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen
  • Anti-depressants for off-label use as sleeping aids
  • Melatonin for sleep
  • Antacids
  • Lansoprazole for stomach acidity
  • Enalipril for high blood pressure
  • Some diuretic to help make the BP med more effective
  • Hydrocortisone (cortisol replacement)
  • Dexamethasone for cortisol testing
  • Tetralysal for acne
  • Benadryl (which is suppose to be for hayfever) off-label use for headaches
I also tried some "natural" remedies such as Flowers by Bach for stress relief and Chromium Picolinate to reduce appetite.

The list actually isn't that bad but I just hate the fact that for the last few years I've had to take pills every day. But I shouldn't complain too much. If I end up having to have a BLA I will need to take more than 1 pill every day!

Come back tomorrow to find out what a BLA is and why I might need one.


No comments:

Post a Comment