Welcome to my blog! You can start by getting to know a bit more About me or for a more detailed explanation of how I was diagnosed, have a read of my posts The Journey to Cushing's Syndrome and Part II the saga continues. Bienvenue sur mon blog! Vous pouvez commencez par decouvrir Mon Histoire avec Cushing's

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Day 4: My dream day

My dream day...


            My dream day would begin by waking up at a decent time (e.g. 8am) but most importantly, refreshed and pain-free. It has been a long time since I've been able to wake up in the morning and really feel like I've had a good night's sleep! I would then have a nice breakfast on my terrace, facing the ocean. After a nice light breakfast, I would head over to a dance studio and take part in 1 or 2 lessons of a new style I haven't tried yet. Something fun and energetic like Krumping or Breakdance. [I used to dance 5-6hrs a day when I was at Performing Arts college but in the last few years I can barely manage a flight of stairs.] After working up a sweat I would treat myself to a nice lunch with my parents so we could catch up on how they're doing. In the afternoon I would go shopping. [It's been YEARS since I've been able to find my size in high street stores. Until I discovered plus size shops I hated shopping. I just bought clothes that fit and didn't even try to look nice. I had resigned myself to the thought that I was hideous any way and nothing I wore would make a difference]. I would spend the afternoon going from store to store, trying loads of clothes on and only buying items that look really good. It's been so long since I've enjoyed shopping that even just being able to try things on would probably be enough to keep me smiling. After all this retail therapy, I would go home and relax for a little while before getting dinner ready. I would probably cook myself something tasty like Enchiladas or Lasagna. After dinner, I would put on my make up, dress up and meet up with the girls for a night out. [I miss dressing up in the evenings and actually liking what I see in the mirror!]. We would start the evening off with some cocktails at a relaxed bar and then head over to a club where I would dance the night away. [I would enjoy myself at the club, dancing care-free, not bothered by what others think of me, if I look ridiculous and whether they can notice how much I'm sweating. This would just be about having fun!]. This dream day would end with going to bed feeling satisfied and tired, but in a good way. Not like I've run a marathon, but in proportion to the day's activities...

I WILL have one of these dream days someday soon. I promise you this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment