Welcome to my blog! You can start by getting to know a bit more About me or for a more detailed explanation of how I was diagnosed, have a read of my posts The Journey to Cushing's Syndrome and Part II the saga continues. Bienvenue sur mon blog! Vous pouvez commencez par decouvrir Mon Histoire avec Cushing's

Monday 30 April 2012

Day 30: This is not the end


This is not the end

Well here we are, day 30! I can't believe I got through this entire challenge blogging every day. I only resorted to other people's material on 4 or 5 posts. I must admit, I'm pretty proud of myself. And I'm so pleased with the response I've been getting. My blog hasn't exactly gone viral but I know that a few people have been reading it and they've given me some great feedback. Even my own parents have told me that they kept learning new things. This is a very positive sign for me and I'm so pleased I took part in this challenge.



I'm also very proud of all the other Cushies who worked really hard to open their hearts and share their stories on the web. As you may have noticed, during this whole month I had a blog roll on the left hand side of my page with all the Cushing's Awareness Challenge participants' blogs. Seeing as the challenge is over I will probably remove this feature however I will still keep links to their blogs somewhere here. I think it's important that we show support for each other since we usually feel very isolated when suffering from a rare disease.


Although I probably won't be blogging as often as I have been, I will definitely try and post regularly. I will probably still have a lot to share since as I mentioned before, there is a question mark as to whether I am having a recurrence. In fact, I have written this post in advance because as it is being published I am probably still sat in the hospital waiting area waiting for my appointment with the neurosurgeon. As some of you may recall, I had an MRI done in March and this is the follow up appointment. I'm not sure what to expect but I'm trying to prepare myself for everything. Worse case scenario, he tells me that the MRI has revealed a tumour, best case, the MRI shows nothing but that doesn't mean I'm in the clear. I still need to retest and check why my last levels were high. But I'm staying positive and optimistic and I'm not letting this affect my life right now.
I'm working my butt off to complete my Masters which will be finishing in the next few weeks. It's been a tough but amazing year and I'm so grateful for all my experiences.


By the way, I enjoyed making yesterday's video so much that I decided I would finally enter the scary world of YouTube posting. I have created my own "Channel" in hopes of raising awareness for Cushing's. At the moment, all that's there is my one video and I've suggested some videos which are related to Cushing's including my friend Chanelle's story. Feel free to have a look and suggest some content if you want: http://www.youtube.com/user/cushiesteph
My aim is to eventually pluck up the courage to start posting videos of myself, my story and maybe even throw in some of my singing. So watch THIS space.

No comments:

Post a Comment