Welcome to my blog! You can start by getting to know a bit more About me or for a more detailed explanation of how I was diagnosed, have a read of my posts The Journey to Cushing's Syndrome and Part II the saga continues. Bienvenue sur mon blog! Vous pouvez commencez par decouvrir Mon Histoire avec Cushing's

Monday 9 April 2012

Day 9: What do you do to improve your quality of life


What do you do to improve your quality of life?


There are many simple things that I do to improve my quality of life. None of these are miracle cures and they certainly don't "fix the problem" but they help me deal that little bit better. They help make bearable what would otherwise be unbearable.

I will separate these tips and tricks into 3 sections: Body, Mind and Soul. The reason I am doing this is because  I want to write these out separately however it is important to bear in mind that these 3 aspects of our being are interconnected and what you do to help your body will also help your mind and soul and vice versa.

For my body:
  • Treat myself to foot massages when I can afford them
  • Take bubble baths
  • Manicure my nails so they always look pretty and colourful
  • Take long walks outdoors to enjoy nature and fresh air
  • Play dancing games like Michael Jackson: The experience or Just Dance on my Nintendo Wii
  • Always have a hot water bottle ready for backaches
  • Put a cold wet towel on my forehead when I get a bad headache
For my mind:
  • Watch funny films
  • Read interesting articles
  • Write on my blog
  • Try and learn something new at least every week if not every day
For my soul:
  • Go to church
  • Read inspiring books or poems
  • Meditate
  • Pray
  • Be thankful and grateful for all the things I have

1 comment: