Welcome to my blog! You can start by getting to know a bit more About me or for a more detailed explanation of how I was diagnosed, have a read of my posts The Journey to Cushing's Syndrome and Part II the saga continues. Bienvenue sur mon blog! Vous pouvez commencez par decouvrir Mon Histoire avec Cushing's

Saturday 7 April 2012

Day 7: Where do you see yourself in the future



Where do you see yourself in the future?


Short term goals:
In the next few years, I would like to be completing a Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology. This is a requirement in order to practice as a counselling psychologist in the UK. The way I see it, with this level of qualification, I will be able to practice in many other countries which will allow me flexibility and freedom. I would like to try my hardest to lost some weight. Even if I do not manage to lose all of the weight I have put on even a small amount would make a difference to my health and self-esteem. I'd like to be back exercising regularly again perhaps by engaging in an activity like dance or Muay Thai (both of which I love and used to practice to a very high level). I would also like to meet a man with whom I could build a loving and trusting relationship with. I feel that I am ready to love again. But most importantly my biggest short term goal is getting my health sorted out. At the moment I am still in limbo with ambiguous blood results and awaiting MRI results. I anticipate that in the next few years I will have undergone further investigation and taken more steps towards recovery. 
Actually I was writing a paper on spirituality in healthcare recently and I read that spirituality may not cure someone but it can help heal them. This is important because some people can never be fully cured but healing is possible for all. Healing is about achieving peace of mind and acceptance. If I am to live with this for the rest of my life, I hope that I am at least able to fully heal so that I may love and accept myself fully.


Mid term goals:
In 5-10years time I would like to have set up my charitable foundation and be running my practice as I imagined it so many years ago. I have had a dream about a centre that heals mind, body and soul for years and I hope that some day in the not too distant future I will be able to make this dream a reality. I also hope that in my personal life I will be settled and hopefully married by then. I would like to say that kids are in my future but life is so unpredictable that I can only hope. I also hope that by then I will have recovered enough health that I am able to go travelling around Latin America. I have always wanted to visit the Maya and Inca ruins. The Machu Picchu, etc... But these holiday destinations require a certain degree of physical fitness which I hope to have achieved by then. 


Long term goals:
After 10+years I hope that my professional career is blossoming. So much so that if I have children I am able to devote more time to them and have the flexibility to determine my own schedule. I hope that by then I have achieved a healthy work/life balance and have supportive and fulfilling relationships with my friends and family. I also hope that along with all these I am able to enjoy financial security that allows me to travel and live comfortably. 

No comments:

Post a Comment